Yes, I know this is totally cliché, but I always get a kick out of seeing how much crap photographers lug around. Here's what I'm usually carrying when I'm out taking photos (don't mug me please).
Left to right, top to bottom:
- Vivitar v3800N with 50mm f/1.7
- Canon 200mm f/2.8
- Canon 24 - 105mm f/4
- Canon 5D Mark II with Sigma 35mm f/1.4 & handmade Couch camera strap
- 35mm film (includes Lomography Lady Grey 400 ISO, Ilford Delta 400, and Fuji Velvia 100)
- iPhone 4S (Running iOS 7, with Afterlight, Photoshop Touch Express, Camera+, & Instagram)
- Filzer bike ratchet set
- Canon 430EXII speedlight
- Pocket Wizard Plus X
- Canon 40mm f/2.8 with circular polarizer
- Gorrilapod with hotshoe mount & Pocket Wizard Plus X attached
- Keychain with keys and multitool
- Ray-Ban New Wayfarer
- Bic lighter
- Sandisk 16 GB CF card
- Sandisk 8 GB CF card
- Lanyard (for press passes or keys)
- Card reader
- Water resistant camera cover
- Lens cleaning tissues
- Incase MacBook Pro backpack
- Field Notes memo book & Bic click pen
- GoPro Hero 3
- Keep Cup
I don't use a proper camera bag unless I'm shooting sports and am able to leave it in the press box. I find it easier to just toss everything in a backpack and go.
I hardly ever use the GoPro, but I should start.
When I don't want to carry all this I just take the Vivtar or the 5D with the Sigma 35mm.